2005 Mar 18 08:54

Re: [vox-tech] xhost+: Why you should NEVER DO THAT

Re: [vox-tech] xhost+: Why you should NEVER DO THAT

> If my firewall blocks tcp/udp ports 6000-6007, can you tell me how my x11
> events can be captured by someone other than my lovely wife and cat?

I have little to add to Jeff Newmiller's excellent answer, except that
I breathe easier knowing that we don't trust our own home LAN any more
than we would the Internet.  Among other things, this let us add
wireless without any change to the house's security model, because we
hadn't placed reliance on perimeter protection, in the first place.