2005 Mar 17 15:20

Re: [vox-tech] Exporting displays

Closely related topic:  Opening an X11 client as a user different from
the one one is logged in as.  (The typical situation is that you wish to
open some -- preferably small and conservatively coded -- X11 app with
root-user authority, while logged in as a non-root user.)

I've collected a list of the various ways:
"Root w/X11" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Security/