2005 Mar 18 00:54

Re: [vox-tech] Exporting displays

Mark K. Kim wrote:

BTW, John, you can add a hostname after the '+' sign to allow connections

only from that computer.  Example:

  $xhost +remote_host_ip_or_name

which would be the next next best thing to ssh -X and MIT magic cookie
thingy.

This is still fairly insecure on the internet, however, as it is vulnerable to IP and DNS spoofs.

-Micah