2005 Mar 18 00:48

Re: [vox-tech] Exporting displays

Karsten M. Self wrote:
on Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 10:42:41PM -0800, Mark K. Kim (lugod@cbreak.org) wrote:

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, John Wojnaroski wrote:
[snip]

I'm trying to login into a remote host and have the host export the screen
display back to my machine

[snip]

"export DISPLAY=my_ip_address:0.0"  returns something like "Xlib: client is
not authorized to connect to server" which seems to indicate that something
is missing or lacking on the local machine.  Any suggestions where to look?

[snip]

That'll work except your local computer isn't letting the connection
through for security reasons.  On your *local* computer, type this:

   $xhost +

Actually, xhost +  is quick and easy and since all the machines are trusted and on a LAN behind a firewall there should be no security problem.  Running four machines on a distributed flight simulation and getting tired of jumping up to get to the other machines. Idea is to run everything from code editing, compiling, and testing from a single station.

I do appreciate all the responses and the solid advice on how to use ssh when working with a remote machine over the Internet.

We demo'd the simulation a month ago at the SCALE3x show here in LA         http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale3x_day1.php

As far as I can tell, this may be one of the few cockpit simulations using Linux as the platform rather than all that MS stuff...  Additionall info on the flightgear website under the projects page
http://www.flightgear.org/Projects

Regards
John W.