2005 Mar 15 11:08

Re: [vox-tech] Spyware For Linux?

Bob Scofield wrote:

A friend of mine was recently complaining that her Windows computer was too slow. She said it ran much faster after running a spyware program.

I have to assume that what your friend meant was spyware-/removing/ program, and that you mis-read the UCSC quote.

There is no way that running spyware can make your computer run faster.

And to answer your question: no, Linux most certainly does not need spyware.

One thing that I thought was pretty cool, is that Windows Updates for XP automatically checks for known spyware, and sends a fresh spyware-remover every month. Pretty neat! Of course, on Linux, I don't /need/ a spyware remover...

-Micah