2005 Mar 15 11:10

Re: [vox-tech] Spyware For Linux?

It's "anti-spyware" program, not spyware program.  Spyware programs slow
down your computer.

Linux doesn't have spyware.  So no, you don't need anti-spyware software.

Even Windows doesn't need one if you know what you're doing.  My Windows
system as well as my parents' run perfectly fine without any typical
slowdown you see on a spywared systems.  Stop clicking on random things on
the web especially stupid ads and downloading illegal software and free
software you've never heard of and using bad e-mail readers!

-Mark

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Bob Scofield wrote:

> A friend of mine was recently complaining that her Windows computer was too
> slow.   She said it ran much faster after running a spyware program.
>
> My son just sent me a message he received from the U.C.S.C. computer people.
> They advised running spyware to speed up computers.  So here are my
> questions.  Does Linux need spyware?  Is there spyware available for Linux?
>
> Also, check this passage out from the U.C.S.C. post:
>
> "Microsoft's Internet Explorer has been the target of many of the bad guys
> attempting to ruin your web browsing experience. Use of the Firefox web
> browser is great way to keep your web surfing as smooth as possible.  You can
> download it from http://www.getfirefox.com";
>
> Bob

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius