2005 Mar 15 10:46

Re: [vox-tech] php5 and Debian/testing

> What's the deal with php5 and Debian?

I don't have information on that; if I had to speculate, I'd guess that
it isn't considered production quality yet, but I honestly don't know,
having not even considered deploying PHP5, yet.

  I see it in dpkg, but the package is
> unavailable.  I found an *unofficial* php5 package for Woody, but not for
> testing and unstable.

Those would be the DotDeb.org ones.  Here are some unofficial packages
for unstable/sid (by Piotr Roszatycki):

http://people.debian.org/~dexter/dists/php5/sid/binary-i386/

Announcement:

Note that there are separate packages for Apache 1.3 and for 2.0.

> What exactly is going on with Debian and php5?

To get more than just my SWAG (unless someone who really does know
speaks up), you'll probably have to ask on debian-devel.