2005 Mar 13 01:06

Re: [vox-tech] Apt-get vs. Dselect

Quoting Mark K. Kim (lugod@cbreak.org):

> `dselect` is a TUI front-end to `apt-get`.
>
> Rick Moen recommends using `aptitude` instead of `dselect` but I just
> can't get used to the interface.

As Peter was suggesting, I actually had in mind aptitude's command-line
mode, as an alternative to the apt-get [, apt-zip, apt-cdrom] utility.

Aptitude's ncurses full-screen mode _is_ a damned sight better than
dselect, but I prefer none of the above.  ;->

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                                    Frater Magnus vos spectat.