January 6: Social gathering
2005 Mar 14 12:52

Re: [vox-tech] Re: please help

If it is just a matter of getting a file off ASAP, why not boot with Knoppix as a rescue cd and copy it off?

Bruce

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
Short on details.  Did someone tell him that his home directory is almost
certainly safe and sound?  He may be freaking out.  I know that I would.

Is /home on its own partition?

Do we have output of "mount"?  Maybe it's as simple as a KDE thing.  Has he
tried to log in on the console?

Do we have dmesg output?

What happens when he tries to manually mount /home?

Pete