January 6: Social gathering
2005 Mar 11 10:45

Re: [vox-tech] Apt-get vs. Dselect

`dselect` is a TUI front-end to `apt-get`.

Rick Moen recommends using `aptitude` instead of `dselect` but I just
can't get used to the interface.  Then again, I don't like `dselect`'s
interface either.  Someone really needs to fix the key bindings in both
programs.

-Mark

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Bob Scofield wrote:

> I'm trying to do a little reading about apt-get when I have the time.  Every
> once and awhile I see a reference to dselect.  Sometimes I get the impression
> that apt-get has superceded dselect, and sometimes I get the impression that
> dselect does things that apt-get doesn't.  My question is this:  is there a
> good reason for an apt-get user to use dselect?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bob

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius