2005 Mar 11 10:52

[vox-tech] Apt-get vs. Dselect

I'm trying to do a little reading about apt-get when I have the time.  Every
once and awhile I see a reference to dselect.  Sometimes I get the impression
that apt-get has superceded dselect, and sometimes I get the impression that
dselect does things that apt-get doesn't.  My question is this:  is there a
good reason for an apt-get user to use dselect?

Thank you.

Bob