2005 Mar 12 16:58

Re: [vox-tech] Persistant hardware problem kicking my butt

on Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 11:59:14AM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman (p@dirac.org) wrote:

> I think that's all the data I have.  It's imperative that I have a reliable
> fast machine right now to run physics simulations.  That's crucial.  To me,
> the available clues seem contradictory.  Somethings points to RAM.  Other
> things point to something resident on the mother board.  Still other things
> point to the DVD drive.

Occam's razor:  Three things connected at one common point suggest the
common point.

If you have the option of testing RAM/DVDR on another system, do it.  If
they're cle

Otherwise, I'd punt, say mobo, and read my warranty, and check my bank
balance / credit limits if necessary.

Peace.

    The revolution will put you in the driver's seat.