2005 Mar 10 15:27

Re: [vox-tech] (Moved from [vox]) Errors in software compilation

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 11:00 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 05:58:40PM -0800, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > Where's your `./configure` step???
>
> In Dylan's original post, he said the configure step worked fine,
> but that IS a good question.
>
> Dylan, can you start fresh and cut-n-paste the initial configure and
> make steps into an email here?

Right.... I should have included it from the start. please see the configure
output at the end of this email...

here were the configure options;
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-png=internal --with-jpeg=internal \
            --with-gif=internal --with-libtiff=internal \
            --with-geotiff=internal --with-libz=internal\
            --without-pg --without-ogdi --with-python \
     --with-threads=yes

> Also, is this app downloadable from anywhere?  (I don't remember if you
> had mentioned an URL in any prev posts)
yes, from here:
http://www.gdal.org/index.html

Thanks for looking at this!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis
530.754.7341
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for g77... g77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether g77 accepts -g... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc static flag  works... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking for g77 option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g77 PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking assert.h usability... yes
checking assert.h presence... yes
checking for assert.h... yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking dbmalloc.h usability... no
checking dbmalloc.h presence... no
checking for dbmalloc.h... no
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for 64bit integer type... long long
checking for 64bit file io... yes
checking for int... yes
checking size of int... 4
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking for int8... no
checking for int16... no
checking for int32... no
checking native cpu bit order... lsb2msb
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... no
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for atoll... yes
checking for gmtime_r... yes
checking for localtime_r... yes
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for local include/lib path... none
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
using internal libz code.
checking for G_gisinit_2 in -lgrass5... no
checking for ffopen in -lcfitsio... no
libcfitsio not found - FITS support disabled
checking for Mopen in -lcsf... no
checking for nc_open in -lnetcdf... no
libnetcdf not found - netCDF support disabled
using internal png code.
using internal TIFF code.
using internal GeoTIFF code.
using internal jpeg code.
using internal gif code.
ogdi support disabled.
checking for FMEObjects... no
checking for SDreaddata in -lmfhdf... no
checking for jpc_decode in -ljasper... no
checking for jp2_decode in -ljasper... no
checking for pgx_decode in -ljasper... no
checking for NCScbmOpenFileView in -lNCSEcw... no
checking for Kakadu JPEG2000 support... not requested.
configure: MrSID support disabled.
checking for BSB ... enabled
checking for OGR ... enabled
checking for PostgreSQL... checking for mysql_config... /usr/bin/mysql_config
checking for MySQL... yes
checking for Xerces C++... disabled
checking for SQLConnect in -lodbc... no
checking for OCIBindByName in -lclntsh... no
checking Checking for DODS... disabled
checking Checking for SQLite... disabled
checking for geos-config... no
checking how to link PROJ.4 library... link dynamically.
checking GDAL version... 1.2.5
checking for python... python
checking where python Makefiles are... found
checking Python makefile... found
checking where .py files should go... /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages
checking for python headers... found
checking definitions from Python makefile... done
checking for NumPy include files... missing
checking if local/include already standard... no, everything is ok
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating GDALmake.opt
config.status: creating port/cpl_config.h
config.status: port/cpl_config.h is unchanged

GDAL is now configured for i686-pc-linux-gnu

  Installation directory:    /usr
  C compiler:                gcc -O2 -DCPL_MULTIPROC_PTHREAD
  C++ compiler:              g++ -O2 -DCPL_MULTIPROC_PTHREAD

  LIBTOOL support:           yes

  LIBZ support:              internal
  GRASS support:             no
  CFITSIO support:           no