2005 Mar 10 12:09

Re: [vox-tech] Persistant hardware problem kicking my butt

Re: [vox-tech] Persistant hardware problem kicking my butt

I'm not sure how relevant it is... just thought it's something to think
about.  I never overclock my system just in case something like this
happens... -_-' But if you didn't keep it up for very long it's probably
not the issue... although I'd try a different process on the mobo if you
got a mobo-compatible spare just to make sure the CPU isn't the problem.

-Mark

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> Hey Mark,
>
> It was overclocked about ... a year ago?   Probably longer.  When I first
> built the machine.   I was just taking the board out for a test drive.  The
> board (most of Abit's boards) are designed for overclocking.
>
> I wanted to know what the limits were, but after a few days, I found that
> win2k wasn't completely stable at that speed, so I reset everything back
> to the default values.
>
> It was so long ago, though.  How likely do you think that is?
>
> Thanks!
> Pete
>

> On Wed 09 Mar 05, 10:02 AM, Mark K. Kim <lugod@.org> said:
> > Is the computer overclocked by any chance?  Or has it ever been
> > overclocked in the past?
> >
> > -Mark
>
> --
> Save Star Trek Enterprise from extinction: http://www.saveenterprise.com
>
> GPG Fingerprint: B9F1 6CF3 47C4 7CD8 D33E  70A9 A3B9 1945 67EA 951D

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/
Xanga: http://www.xanga.com/vindaci