2005 Mar 08 16:14

Re: [vox-tech] DVD burning front ends

On Sun 06 Mar 05,  8:15 PM, Robert G. Scofield <rscofield@afes.com> said:
> On Sunday 06 March 2005 09:21, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > What program on Linux most closely resembles Nero for DVD burning in both
> > interface and features?
>
> I'm not that familiar with Nero though I have used it once I think.  (It's on
> the family computer.)  I also don't burn DVD's.  But KDE's K3b should
> probably be considered one of the greatest achievements of the Linux desktop.
>
> Bob

Thanks for the recommendation.  As soon as I figure out the RAM problem, I
plan on installing KDE on that machine, so k3b is definitely going to be the
first thing I look at.

I'm hoping getting KDE to run is as simple as putting "exec kdeinit" in
.xinitrc.  Otherwise, I may need to do some ... reading.  :(

Pete