January 6: Social gathering
2005 Mar 02 18:01

RE: [vox-tech] Another Round of eth0 Problemas

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 11:48 -0800, Karalius, Joseph wrote:

>  but
> dmesg lists the device as 'ADMtek Comet rev 17'.  The driver is apparently
> 'tulip' and was loaded dynamically.

This is unlikely to have anything to do with your problem, but there are
two linux drivers for this class of device: tulip and de4x5.  If you
have any suspicions about the problem having something to do with the
card, you might try the de4x5 driver instead.

Older tulip 10/100 cards sometimes have autonegotiation problems too.

--
Josh Parsons
Philosophy Department