January 6: Social gathering
2005 Mar 02 14:28

Re: [vox-tech] Another Round of eth0 Problemas

Re: [vox-tech] Another Round of eth0 Problemas

Karalius, Joseph wrote:

Karalius, Joseph wrote:

jkaralius@mmagnet:~> ssh mmagdb
6147: ssh: connect to address 207.247.90.26 port 22:
Connection refused

"Connection refused" specifically means that the local system successfully contacted the remote system, and the remote system wasn't accepting connections on the port in question. In other words, 207.247.90.26's NIC is fine, the network between you and it is fine, but it claims not to be running an ssh daemon at the moment.

I had our WAN guy check for any IP duplicates of mmagdb, none found.
It could be intermittent. Do you have anyone connecting & disconnecting laptops? Anyone getting their IP addresses from DHCP? Anyone using VMWare or similar to run a virtual machine instance? Just for grins, how much trouble would it be to assign a new IP address to this host?

Failing that, you should try to see what the problem looks like on mmagdb's end. From what you've described, it sounds like mmagdb isn't logging any problems during these events, which still points to some kind of external problem. The error accessing the plone site tends to support this.

When one of your ssh sessions into mmagdb disconnects, what gets logged on mmagdb's end? When does the sshd process actually exit, and what reason does it give? Does the "zope management interface" server have a log? What appears in the log when you access ZMI and some of the individual frames don't load? If possible, try snooping the network traffic (maybe just the ssh traffic) to/from this box, and see what is happening when you experience these problems.