2005 Feb 28 11:23

[vox-tech] another PS2PDF question

Hi,

I have a poster (36" x 48") that is saved in PS format.

using epstopdf, i can create a PDF file that has the correct page dimensions,
but the JPEG compression makes the images in the PDF look bad.

even with the --nocompression flag, PDFs from epstopdf still contain some
compression artifacts...

I have tried using ps2pdf14 like this:

ps2pdf14 -dAutoFilterxxxImages=false -dAutoRotatePages=/None
-dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress poster.ps

... in the past this has produced nice PDFs without compression artifacts, but
for some reason, when i try to use this with a poster sized PS file, the
resulting PDF is clipped to about 8.5" x 11" ....

any ideas on how to either:
1. create a PDF from epstopdf without *any* JPEG compression
or
2. get a full-sized PDF from ps2pdf14

?

thanks in advance for any ideas... this is a problem that has been driving me
nuts for a while now...

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis