2005 Feb 28 09:05

Re: [vox-tech] PHP Question: Includes and Variables

Re: [vox-tech] PHP Question: Includes and Variables

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

Here's the situation.

My script, page1.php, calls a script in another directory called
config.php via require_once. config.php declares several variables which
should be accessible in page1.php. For example:

---------------
http://myphpsite.net/dir1/page1.php

<?php

require_once("http://myphpsite.net/dir2/config.php";)

echo "myVariable = $myVariable->daValue";

?>
---------------
http://myphpsite.net/dir2/config.php

<?php

$myVariable->daValue = "Hello, World";

?>
---------------

So when I execute page1.php, I should get:

myVariable = Hello, World

But I don't. Instead the variable is undefined. If I put the echo
command inside config.php, though, it displays properly.

I've confirmed that all permissions and ownerships and all that are the
same, and I can't find a configuration value in php.ini which might have
something to do with this. It's acting as though $myVariable is only
defined within the scope of config.php, but I have no idea why that would
be. It makes no sense to me at all.

Any suggestions besides taking a large sledgehammer to the server?

Not certain it's required, but have you ensured that "allow_url_fopen" is enabled in php.ini?

Also, it should *not* be required, but have you tried braces?

HTH,
-Micah