2005 Feb 23 18:47

Re: [vox-tech] Help - Grub error 21

Probably a glitch with the Sarge installer setting up grub.  Post the
grub.conf file to the list for analysis.

Here is a blip from one of my multiboot systems you may gleen some info from.
Note, to get the XP system to boot I have to remap the drives so XP thinks it
is on the master drive.  Ubuntu boots fine on hdb as well as XP.

title Fedora Core (2.4.22-1.2174.nptl)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ #hdc=ide-scsi rhgb
        initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl.img
title Linux 2.6.3
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.3 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /initrd-2.6.3.img
title Windows XPee
        rootnoverify (hd1,0)
        makeactive
        map (hd0) (hd1)
        map (hd1) (hd0)
        chainloader +1
title           Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.8.1-3-386
root            (hd1,1)
kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-3-386 root=/dev/hdb2 ro quiet splash
initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.8.1-3-386
savedefault
boot

--
Mark Street, RHCE