2005 Feb 21 22:11

[vox-tech] JPGs and the GIMP

I came up against the wall of my ignorance of the GIMP this evening.  I took a
picture of some nifty storm clouds, and loaded the pic onto my computer so
that I could crop it and upload it to the photoblog I share with my wife.

I cropped the image, and saved it as a .jpg file.  But look at this:

http://www.stonegoose.com/catseyeview/archives/stormclouds.jpg

The colors are all messed up.  I've tried several different things, mostly
messing with resolutions and other advanced options under "save as jpeg".  I
also tried saving the image as a .png file, but the image wouldn't even load.

I'm using Gimp 2.2 under KDE 3.3.2 on Fedora Core 3, and trying to view these
images in Firefox 1.0.  For what it's worth, I'm also using gFTP to upload
the images.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  I've tried Googling the problem but I
couldn't find anything that I could make sense of.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford@mossroot.com)