2005 Feb 16 19:50

[vox-tech] Re: lugod.org cracked?

Last year when William and I had our root hacked, we took all the steps previously outlined, and then "sanitized" the hard drive with WipeDisk from White Canyon ... used the Dept. of defense standard and over-wrote something like six times. Maybe not technically necessary, but was good for the "state of mind" knowing that only some NSA weenie with the discs in han and a scanning tunneling electron microscope could recover the data ... and no way for evil code to survive.

Our root crack actually resulted in a faster system afterwards not to mention an intimate knowledge of IP tables.

Lewis Perdue, 462 W. Napa St., Suite 201, Sonoma, CA 95476,
Phone: 707-326-4503 fax: 707-940-4146
Email: lperdue@ideaworx.com
Author Web Site: http://www.lewisperdue.com
Professional Web Site: http://www.ideaworx.com