2005 Feb 15 14:35

Re: [vox-tech] lugod.org cracked?

Also, you will want to look at processes that are still running. Check out
inetd. Use your fu from /proc/PID/*exe* and dump to files and service
daemons. do a cmp of the dumped data with the actual executable on disk.
If the item in memory != app on disk, that is a sign that the service you
see may not be yours and they should be inspected more closely.

use lsof and look at what files are opened by various daemons-- especially
those you suspect of not being your own.

Odds are in favor that they still have a process running on your box and
it is set to auto-start on reboot and/or kill -- common to have a parent
process that does little and is called something like -bash whose only
purpose is to respawn the trojan upon termination.

You have a lot of work ahead of you.
Good luck :-)

-ME