2005 Feb 16 05:53

[vox-tech] bad partition table

On Saturday, somehow my partition table got destroyed. Today, I learned
about gpart from the very nice Partition-Rescue-HOWTO. Gpart will guess
the partition table based on the actual disk structure, so you can give
cylinder numbers to recreate the partitions in the right places with
fdisk. In this way, I was able to mount my root partition and read
files. But I am having trouble restoring the rest, and I can't boot off
the disk yet. So does anybody know of some system file that might have
my the addresses of my old partitions written in it so I don't have to
guess anymore? I use Debian. Thanks.
Nick