2005 Feb 14 20:35

[vox-tech] latex: shaded box in picture environment

[vox-tech] latex: shaded box in picture environment

Can't find the answer on Google groups, so I'm not hopeful, but just in
case...

I have a picture:

   \begin{picture}(400,100)
   \put(10,0){\vector(0,1){90}}
   \put(0,85){$\hat{y}$}
   \put(0,10){\vector(1,0){90}}
   \put(85,0){$\hat{x}$}
   \put(180,0){\vector(0,1){90}}
   \put(170,85){$\hat{y}$}
   \put(170,10){\vector(1,0){90}}
   \put(255,0){$\hat{x}$}
   \drawline(11,11)(40,11)(40,65)(11,65)(11,11)
   \graphpaper(11,11)(30,50)
   \end{picture}

and I'd like to put a shaded box in there.  Specifically, that \drawline
draws a rectangle, and I'd like to fill that rectangle with gray.

In desperation, I tried to get something approximating a fill using
graphpaper, but the result is totally unacceptable.

Anyone know how to draw a shaded box in a picture environment *and* specify
the exact dimension of that box?

Thanks,
Pete