2005 Feb 04 16:16

[vox-tech] Two Debian Audio Questions

I'm reading How To's on the web still trying to get audio working in Debian.
Right now I have a question about two messages I get when booting.  Can
anybody tell me what they mean?

1) "via82cxxx_audio: blacklisted"  My sound driver is supposed to be via82xx.
The word "blacklisted" seems ominous.   Can someone explain this message?

2)  I get a message at bootup about a pciehp module not loading.  In /var/log
I can find this specific message: "pciehp: acpi-pciehprm:get_device PCI ROOT
HID fail=0X1001"

Could this failure have anything to do with sound?  If not, do I care about
it?

Thank you.

Bob