2005 Feb 03 04:32

Re: [vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

Re: [vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

Norm Matloff wrote:
I've been using it almost exclusively for several months now (I mainly
used Mozilla before that), and I really like it.  My complaint, though,
is that the documentation is awful.

For example, I discovered by accident that one can do a text search
within the currently-displayed page by using the vi `/' command!
The feature is called "find as you type" or "typeahead find". It's not hard to find information about it once you know it exists :-) Classic mozilla contains the feature too, but I don't think it's turned on by default.

Poor-quality documentation is a very common problem with open source projects. The mozilla project would be happy to have your help; see <http://www.mozilla.org/contribute/writing/>.