2005 Feb 10 18:56

[vox-tech] Email vs. FAX Security

I think I know the answer to this, but I want to make sure.  I believe that it
is more secure to FAX a document than it is to email a document or message,
right?  This assumes that one does not use email encryption.

I realize that someone can tap a phone line, and that would enable a person to
intercept a FAX.  But at least a FAX does not sit on a server waiting to be
downloaded, like an email message does.  It would seem easy for an ISP's
system administrator to use the root password to read the email of the ISP's
customers. ( I know I can log in as root on my Linux system and use the
"more" command to read my downloaded email.)  Does anybody here believe that
ISP system administrator's ever do such a thing?

Thank you.

Bob