January 6: Social gathering
2005 Feb 03 05:15

Re: [vox-tech] Four week test of Firefox versus Opera

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:36:22PM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:

> >3. Rendering is wonderful: pages render more faithfully under FF than
> >Opera.
>
> I've been using FF for a couple of months on both M$ and Linux and
> unfortunately I'd have to say the rendering is not so wonderful when
> compared with IE (at least in my experience) for example when I look at:
>
> http://www.sheddaquarium.org/mem_individual.cfm
>
> FF smashes the ticket options together, IE has them nice and separated.

Hrm, as it should.  There doesn't seem to be anything in there that says
there should be space after the "<ul>...</ul>" list.

The part of the page in question is a table, with /zero/ cellspacing or
cellpadding, so it's no wonder it's pretty tight in there...

The descriptions of each are within a "<div>...</div>", but the style in
question ("ltbluetext") simply sets color, font and font size.  Nothing
about spacing, margins or padding around the enclosed section of text.

Really, what seems to be happening is IE is insisting on putting some
blank vertical space after the </ul> tag.  Maybe if the whole section was
wrapped in "<p>...</p>" it'd come out better.  Or they could specifically
set "margin-bottom" for those <ul> groups or something...

Note: I'm using Mozilla on WinXP, not FireFox.  Personally, I like Moz
better since it's less 'stripped-down', preference-wise.

At home I use Konqueror.