January 6: Social gathering
2005 Feb 01 11:45

Re: [vox-tech] Four week test of Firefox versus Opera

Re: [vox-tech] Four week test of Firefox versus Opera

3. Rendering is wonderful: pages render more faithfully under FF than Opera.
I've been using FF for a couple of months on both M$ and Linux and unfortunately I'd have to say the rendering is not so wonderful when compared with IE (at least in my experience) for example when I look at:

http://www.sheddaquarium.org/mem_individual.cfm

FF smashes the ticket options together, IE has them nice and separated.

   A rant about Launchy.  I *hate* the fact that I need an extension to
   handle mailto: links.  Hate, hate, hate.  When I click on a mailto link,
   I want to run mutt in an xterm.  There's no excuse to 1) need an
   extension for this and 2) have to write an XML stanza.  I'll be damned if
   I spend 20 minutes figuring this out, although if I stick to Firefox, I
   guess I'll have to at some point.
I agree wholeheartedly

Have you been using Thunderbird? Its quite nice, except the spell checker sucks.

Jay