2005 Jan 27 22:36

Re: [vox-tech] tight-vnc, can't ping box from windows

Re: [vox-tech] tight-vnc, can't ping box from windows

Well -tcpdump wasn't installed and I couldn't find it in the distro (Mandrake 10.0) so I went to download/install and when I ran configure it said I didn't have a C compiler. While I installed those packages I poked more in the GUI control center and found some security settings and viola Allow icmp echo was 'No'.

So now I can ping, the next question is where is the rule I need to change to allow tightvnc through the firewall? Hopefully I'll find a simple answer as I wade through the docs tonight.

Thanks,
Alex