2005 Jan 21 19:10

Re: [vox-tech] Plextor PX-712A not working...

On Friday 14 January 2005 08:10 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Dylan, did this ever get resolved?
>
> One course of action is to boot KNOPPIX where you know everything works,
> get the list of modules that are loaded, boot back to your other system and
> manually modprobe them.
>
> Pete

Not quite yet. The machine now boots, and the PATA/SATA is configured in a
more logical way: the integrated Promise IDE controller is activated, and the
hard disk shows up in the POST screen as an SATA device, and the CDROM shows
up as a PATA device.

However, my kernel still does not see the CDROM drive...

I will spend some time this weekend messing around with it..

Thanks for the follow-up!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis