2005 Jan 13 12:29

Re: [vox-tech] Plextor PX-712A not working...

Re: [vox-tech] Plextor PX-712A not working...

Dylan Beaudette wrote:

The [cdrom] drive is connected to the primary IDE channel, and my hard drive is connected to a serial IDE channel. As of kernel 2.6 my hard drive is accessed as a SCSI device. However, my cdrom drive does not answer to requests sent to hda,hdb,hdc,hdd ... nor to any SCSI devices...
Dylan, are you able to access both the CD and the hard drive from other operating systems or earlier Linux revisions when they're wired this way? I wonder if the motherboard has disabled the primary IDE channel because one of the serial ATA ports is in use, or maybe Linux can't drive both at the same time for some reason. Perhaps moving the CD to the secondary IDE bus would do the trick.