2005 Jan 01 12:46

Re: [vox-tech] Phoenix BIOS Blind Video Switch

Re: [vox-tech] Phoenix BIOS Blind Video Switch

Jeff Newmiller wrote:
The shell is broken from the mobo... the pins that rise from the mobo and
bend horizontally and have sleeves on them to recieve the plug pins are
bent every which way, and attempts to bend them back have simply resulted
in broken pins... there is no elasticity left in the metal.
It's a long shot, but if you were to go to HSC, you might be able to find an identical motherboard, or some kind of replacement that takes the same CPU/memory. The used/surplus motherboards they stock tend to be for extremely out-of-date stuff.

Short of that, I think your best bet is to somehow get a monitor hooked to the existing connector. <http://www.networktechinc.com/technote.html> has the pinout for the standard video port. It probably isn't necessary to hook up all of the color pins.

As a last-ditch method, if you can identify a particular chip that provides the onboard video you could try disabling it somehow. If the onboard video fails at boot time, the BIOS might automatically switch to an external video card.