January 6: Social gathering
2005 Jan 01 11:25

Re: [vox-tech] Phoenix BIOS Blind Video Switch

Re: [vox-tech] Phoenix BIOS Blind Video Switch

Oh oh oh oh!!!  Use the PrntScrn button to print the screen you can't
see!!!  Shouldn't take more than 10 pages! =P

Happy new [solar] year, everyone!

-Mark

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Shwaine wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> >
> > I downloaded the pdf manual for the mobo, and followed the instructions to
> > press the right keys to go through the BIOS menus, using the keyboard
> > lights to tell me when I was "in" and when I had "left the
> > BIOS".  However, I don't know EXACTLY which keys to press to make changes
> > in this BIOS... I have used Phoenix bioses before, though, and think that
> > "enter" opens a little dialog box with a list of options, of which the pdf
> > says I have two, so I press "up" or "down" (have tried both a couple of
> > times) and press enter again to complete the selection.
> >

> There in lays your problem. The method of getting input varies by BIOS
> maker and version. Does the PDF manual have screen captures of the BIOS
> screen? If so, enlarge the page and look closely at the bottom for a
> legend of navigation keys. I've got two motherboard manuals that have
> Phoenix BIOS overviews and both have slightly different navigation keys.
> The older one suggests using PgUp and PgDown to select values, but also
> has +/- listed on the bottom in its navigation legend. The newer manual
> just has +/- listed in the legend.

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/