Re: [vox-tech] Running Multiple Distros

On Thursday 30 December 2004 12:13, Rod Roark wrote:

> > It seems like any new distro put into /dev/hdb3 will automatically
> > use /dev/hdb7 (which SuSE 9.2 is using), right?  Is there anyway to
> > install a new distro on /dev/hdb3 and have it use a /home on /dev/hdb3?
>
> I would expect that to be the default.  If the new distro
> does somehow figure out that you were using hdb7 for /home
> and decides to make that the default, it should at least
> give you a chance to override it.

Right, and I just discovered the truth of what you're saying.  You put SuSE9.2
in my spare partition when you built this Sunset Systems machine.  (Though
it's not part of the GRUB menu at present and so doesn't boot.) So I just
cd'd over to that partition and noticed that /home was empty.

But I'm glad I asked this question anyway because of the information I got in
the responses.  I will use that information in my future experiments.

Thanks again Pete, Rod and Rick.

Bob