Re: [vox-tech] Installing Java

Rick Moen wrote:
Quoting Ken Bloom (kabloom@ucdavis.edu):

On Debian, the best way to install Java is to download the binary
installer and then use make-jpkg from java-package to create .debs of
Java that do the right thing.

For Java2 v. 1.5.  If you're content with 1.4 for now, try using this as
an apt source:

# Sun Java J2r1.4
deb ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/java/debian woody non-free

Looks like they moved it to:

deb ftp://ftp.tux.org/java/debian/ sarge non-free

and since I'm on sarge, I'll use that.

Thanks
Jay