January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Installing Java

Ken Bloom wrote:
On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 01:11:55PM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:

On Debian, the best way to install Java is to download the binary
installer and then use make-jpkg from java-package to create .debs of
Java that do the right thing.
Ken, I'm running debian.  I don't see a "java-package" when I do a:
apt-cache search java.  Am I misunderstanding you?

Looks like it's only in unstable.
I just use the installer from sun then and install in /usr/local like I had

Jay