Re: [vox-tech] sqlite + perl - wierd unrecognized token error

Re: [vox-tech] sqlite + perl - wierd unrecognized token error

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
<snip>
  DBD::SQLite::db do failed: unrecognized token: ":" at Create_Tables.pm line
  52, <> line 6.

<snip>
Excerpt from Create_Tables.pm:

<snip>
     my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:SQLite:$table_name");

<snip>
Statement handle DBI::st=HASH(0x840773c) DESTROY ignored - never set up
       ERROR: 1 'unrecognized token: ":"' (err#0)
In my MySQL connections, I have database=$table_name, not just $table_name. That is a driver specific syntax though, so you may want to check the documentation for your specific driver to see if that is the syntax it expects. Another thing I did when debugging a program was to put the SQL command in a string, print the string, then pass the string to do. Then I could see exactly what was passed to do. You might also want to set the RAISE_ERROR attribute in the connect, so that if that is what is causing the problems, the program will die on that statement. The last line of the debug code makes me think the issue is with the connect statements, not the do statements.