[vox-tech] Request for help: CVS modifications for acceleratingsoftware development

[vox-tech] Request for help: CVS modifications for acceleratingsoftware development

Hello,
   I am writing to the list in hopes of finding talented hackers here in
the Davis area that I can learn from.  I am in the early stages of an
effort to utilize "information currency" to organize software development
more efficiently, and I am looking for people to help me modify the CVS
source code.  More generally, I am a novice software developer hoping to
learn from experts.

   To elaborate, I have recently released software (available from
http://sf.net/projects/infoeng and
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/infoeng/icws-0.0.1.tar.gz?download )
that enables one to create digital "instruments of economic scarcity" from
any unit of underlying information using a persistent network identifier
(i.e. URI) and a digest value for the underlying information.  These
instruments of economic scarcity will make it possible for the creators of
intellectual property to reap economic rewards for their efforts in new
ways, and will provide further incentives for individuals to share their
creative work freely with the public.  My intermediate goal is to modify
the source code for CVS so that every committed patchset returns an
information currency series that can be used to determine the economic
value of the patchset, but to do that will require a lot of CVS hacking.

   So, this is an invitation to participate.  I am certain that there is
enormous potential for accelerating software development by new economic
means, but there is a lot of work to do to make that possibility a reality.
 Can anyone here help?  If you're interested, email me or subscribe to
infoeng-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
this further.  Thanks!

   J. Patrick Bedell
   jpbedell@ucdavis.edu