[vox-tech] Can a User Write To Windows Partition?

[vox-tech] Can a User Write To Windows Partition?

Thanks to a Rod Roark Sunset Systems box, I'm back on Linux after about a 10
month absence due to a defective motherboard.  I'd like to be able to write
to Windows files from Linux on this dual boot machine.  The Windows partition
is mounted when Linux boots.  But while I can read the Windows files, I
cannot write to them as a Linux user.

The following is from p. 94 of the March 2001 issue of Linux Magazine where
the author is talking about FSTAB entries:

"If you set this up as shown above, only root will be able to write to these
files.  Keep in mind that the FAT filesystem does not include user
permissions support."

It seems to me that I remember being able to use Open Office in Linux to write
to Windows files.  But maybe it's my memory that is failing.  Does anybody
know if it is possible for a mere user to write to Windows files, and if so
what FSTAB entry will enable this?

Thank you.

Bob