Re: [vox-tech] Xterm and terminal types

Oops.  I think there's still some missing link.

>From the client side, you can set the terminal type to "scoansi"
(equivalent to setting TERM to "scoansi" on a UNIX box) to output in SCO
ANSI, but your sister's client program is already doing that.  From the
server side (Linux), you need to use a terminal program that understand
SCO ANSI.

Since most X terminals understand "xterm" and its variants only, you'll
either need to use a different terminal program or a program that
can translate one term-speak to another.  It doesn't seem that hard --
there's gotta be one somewhere.

But as Ken implied, most terminal types use the same default set of
character sequences.  It's the extensions that may not be compatible.  For
most terminal types, it's no problem, and since SCO ANSI is only an
extension of ANSI (a subset of xterm and linux terminal types) so most of
SCO ANSI is guaranteed to be supported.  From `infocmp`, it looks like
there are some differences between ansi and scoansi, but even if you
didn't use a translating program it probably won't affect your client
program too much.

-Mark