[vox-tech] Xterm and terminal types

So, the good news is that my sister, an MD in Tennessee,
wants me to switch most of the computers in her clinic from
Windows to Linux.

They have a practice management system running on an SCO
server (yeah, I know...) and it seems the clients currently
connect to it via telnet with a Windows terminal emulation
program.  I'm told by the vendor that the terminal program
needs to support "SCO ANSI" as the terminal type.

The upgraded clients will run KDE, so the obvious terminal
program is Konsole; I think it works a lot like xterm and
may even be based on it.

Anyway, I don't really understand all the nuances of termcap,
terminfo, setterm, stty, etc. and what, if anything I might
need to do to make the terminal emulation work properly.
I did some googling but it was not very helpful.

Does anyone understand this stuff enough to enlighten me?

Thanks,

-- Rod