2004 Nov 17 21:31

[OT] Re: [vox-tech] RE: vox-tech Digest, Vol 6, Issue 17

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 12:25:19PM -0800, Brian Yates wrote:
> When you send these emails do you think your not going to have your humor
> addressed some day.
>
> You will!

Umm... I'm not sure what, or who, this is in response to, but you didn't
really adhere to the mailing list netiquette. :^)

Since you quoted the entire digest message that you received, you made
it not only impossible to tell who you're responding to, but also
redundant (to everyone who's seen the messages) and a waste of bandwidth
(to the ~200 people who are subscribed, as well as with respect to the
mailing list archives on the website!)

When replying to digest modes, PLEASE remember to trim it down to only
the relevant part(s) of the the message(s) you're responding to.
(It also helps if you change your reply's subject line to something that's
less ambiguous than, say, "RE: vox-tech Digest, Vol 6, Issue 17")

(These kind of things are covered in our mailing list rules,
found here:  http://www.lugod.org/mailinglists/ )

Note: I'm posting this back to the list, in case others out here
aren't aware of the best practices when replying to digest messages... ;^)

Thanks!

-bill!
Your friendly, though confused, mailing list admin