2004 Nov 15 12:51

Re: [vox-tech] user loop mount

På måndag, 15 november 2004, skrev Peter Jay Salzman:
> Is there a way to let all non-root users loop mount an iso file without
> making mount suid?

Besides configuring an appropriate /etc/fstab, it is also possible to create
a wrapper script in perl or ruby that calls /bin/mount. This is likely as
secure as much the underlying operation can be if you check the users' input
carefully, trust no environment variables, and use taint checking.

--
Henry House