2004 Nov 14 18:46

[vox-tech] Samba Printer Issues

I'm having a truly annoying issue with my printer. It used to be just fine, but now it's... well, not.

Here's the setup:

Windows XP laptop
Print server running RH 8.0
HP 710C printer connected via parallel port
Samba 2.something running on the RH server

Everything seems to look good; however, when printing a document, any document, it gets about halfway through, then hangs for several minutes before continuing. This started up about six months ago but has never really presented that much of an issue.

Here's the output from lpq on the RH machine:

root@hagrid: ~
# lpq
Printer: Fluffy@localhost
Queue: no printable jobs in queue
Server: no server active
Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time
done nobody@localhost+902 A 902 smbprn.000449.nEpM8j 89114 08:15:13

Samba seems to think that the print job is done.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (http://www.mossroot.com AIM: Buffalo2K)