2004 Nov 13 23:33

[vox-tech] uhci memory problem

list,
I am having a problem with my USB controller(a uhci one). It won't
initialize at boot, and I think there is a memory allocation problem.
The message is:
usbcore: registered new driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new driver hub
USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v2.2
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:02.2[D] -> GSI 11 (level, low) -> IRQ 11
uhci_hcd 0000:00:02.2: no i/o regions available
uhci_hcd: probe of 0000:00:02.2 failed with error -16

When I googled for "no i/o regions available" and uhci_hcd, all I found
was postings of that kernel code, not anything about people having that
problem.

lspci says this about my usb controller:
0000:00:02.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev
01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
        Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
        ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
        <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 11
        Region 4: I/O ports at fca0 [size=32]

The last line seems relevant. Is uhci_hcd not finding fca0, or is
something else already using it, or what? Thanks.
Nick