2004 Nov 14 20:47

Re: [vox-tech] Slackware 10 Printing

wild bill wrote:

After probing around, I found in /etc/cups/printers.conf an entry:

DeviceURI xxxxx

which I changed to DeviceURI parallel:/dev/lp0

Let's back up a bit. How does this computer access this printer? Is the printer plugged directly into one of the computer's ports? parallel or serial? Or is the printer accessed over the network?